What would you say are the top three skills needed to be a successful leader?
- Living your vision and acting on your mission every single day
- Staying nimble and flexible to move your business forward
- Taking calculated risks that are important to your business
What’s your productivity secret?
- Being super organized
- Effectively delegating
- Staying focused
How do you define success?
Success is personal. It is not giving up. It is acting on your passion. It is creating something special that others will value even when you are long gone.
What book has inspired you the most?
There are two books that inspire me.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael e. Gerber
- Decide by Steve McClatchy
How do you measure success for you as a leader?
- Doing something (even one thing) every single day “on my business” as I work “in my business”
- Designating a minimum of 20 hours per week “on my business” and keeping track of what I have accomplished each week
- Actually scheduling my “on my business” activities
- Knowing that I am onto something when someone tells me I am crazy for pursuing something in a different way than the norm
Elena Yearly is a seasoned entrepreneur and speaker. She brings over 25 years of senior level corporate and management experience coupled with starting her own businesses. She knows what it takes to run the day to day operations of various types of ventures and has had vast experience in operations and financial management, addressing risks from a business-owners’ perspective and ensuring that her businesses run effectively and efficiently. She is an expert in compliance and helping companies use compliance to positive advantage and as part of their short and long-term strategies. Elena is an “out of the box” thinker, the ultimate strategist and is always looking for new and interesting ways to enhance her ventures.
Elena founded EMY Consulting in 2013 in Virginia as a “peace of mind” compliance consulting firm. Prior to starting her own professional services firm, she held leadership positions at KPMG, Fannie Mae, Century National Bank and Crestar Bank. She has been on the speaking circuits for a number of years having spent also much time as a global trainer for KPMG. She has spoken to domestic and overseas audiences on a variety of topics impacting business operations from a compliance, financial and operational risk standpoint. Her training and presentations have taken her to the U.K., Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, and Brussels. She holds a Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in finance. Her MBA is complemented by certifications in accounting, risk management and internal controls and auditing. She has also served on various non-profit boards in both president and treasurer roles.
Want to see Elena Yearly present? Attend The Power Conference on August 25 in North Bethesda Marriott!
Connect with Elena Yearly: